Carrot Muffins: From the oven to the sketch pad



I love carrot cake! What I love more than carrot cake is carrot muffins! They are more easier to make and in my opinion they taste and look better! This was my first time I make those muffins, they attracted my artistic eye so bad that I had to paint them! Check the sketches at the bottom of the post.
INGREDIENTS:
  • 12 muffins approximately
  • 1 egg
  • 150 gr sugar
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • ¼  tea cup of orange juice/grapefruit works too
  • ¼ tea cup oil
  • ½ grated orange/grapefruit zest  
  • 2 full tea cups of grated carrots
  • 1 tea cup flower
  • ¼ tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla aroma
  • 1 tea cup full of grated walnuts
  • ½  tsp  Cinnamon and Ginger  powder
  • 2-3 Tbsp Coconut flakes 
 For the cream:  
  • 1 packet (200gr) of natural cream cheese (Filadelfia or the cheeper one work fine as well) 
  • 125 gr Mascarpone
  • 5 Tbsp powder sugar 
  • 1 tsp grated orange zest 


Start with mixing all the “moist” ingredients: eggs,oil , the orange/grapefruit juice. Then add the sugar and the honey. Whisk them good but without using an electric mixer . 


Add the carrots and the zest. Mix all the ingredients well and add the “dry” ones last: flower, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla aroma, spices, walnuts, coconut.
Set the oven to 180ÂșC and bake 25-30 min. Leave the muffins to cool down.
Meanwhile you can start preparing the cream. Just mix all the cream ingredients in a ball using an electric mixer. You can use whatever decoration you have and want.





As I said I love carrot cake so I got really inspired and tried eating and painting at the same time. The result was : lots of colors and muffin decoration everywhere :D
But it was a fun experience. Stay tuned for my next cooking-painting experience. I take also requests!
P.S Pastries only! :-)


Written by Simona from ColorfulSimone.etsy.com


3 comments:

  1. oooooh they look so yummie!!!
    and the illustration is just as yumie as the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious! Well, I know what my flatmate is getting for her graduation party. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment!